Made these Pocket Chair Covers from material given to me by my Interior Decorator friend! Took me about 3 hours to make 16.
This was my 2nd & improved design with a pocket on the outside of the pocket :)
I ran out of the striped fabric but wanted all to go together. Really happy with the results!
Here's how I made them: cut a rectangle 13x36 (the chair seat back is 11" long x 12" wide- add an inch on each side for width and triple the length = 13x36)
Next I cut another piece of fabric 13x12 for the pocket. The sewing is all straight stitch & pretty basic (I haven't sewn in years!). Turn over & hem the top of the pocket. With right sides together, sew pocket to chair cover at bottom then on left & right sides. Now, here's the tricky part: with the opposite side of the pocket, 1st hem the long piece of fabric at the top (make sure it will on the inside when turned inside out). Then fold the top of the long material in half, meeting the pocket on opposite side. Sew the left and right sides just to hem (reinforce the top of the hem 2-3 times - I accomplished this using the reverse on my machine twice). Now you are through sewing. Turn your pocket inside out and the chair cover inside out to have the completed project. Iron if needed. I used a sturdy sailcloth/upholstery fabric for mine. My friend who is an interior decorator, let me come pick out fabric from her leftover projects - FREE!


No comments:
Post a Comment